Indian women shuttlers advanced to the Badminton Asia Team Championship quarterfinals despite a 1-4 loss to Japan in which P V Sindhu notched the country's only win here on Thursday. Sindhu extended her domination over world No.2 Akane Yamaguchi with a straight-game win. Despite the loss, India qualified for the quarter-final in both the women's and men's competition. The Indian women finished second in Group W with one win and one loss ahead of Hong Kong China but behind Japan. The Sindhu-led squad had defeated Hong Kong China 3-2 in its opening group tie.
With a rampaging 5-0 wins over lower-ranked Philippines and Maldives, the Indian men's team too has qualified for the quarter-finals from Group D. The Indian men will now be up against mighty Indonesia in their last Group D tie later in the day.
- PM Announces Rs 20,000-cr Defence Industrial Corridor in Bundelkhand
- Former Gujarat DGP PP Pandey Discharged by Court in Ishrat Jahan Fake Encounter Case
- 'Lower Lip Bruise, Swelling Behind Ears': Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash's Medical Report
- Canada Does Not Support Any Separatist Movement, Justin Trudeau Assures Amarinder Singh
- Delhi chief secy assault: Arrested AAP MLAs sent to judicial custody, police plea for custody rejected
- Pakistani helicopter flies within 300m of LoC in Poonch, goes back
- Does Member of Parliament utilize their constituency funds to serve people?