Shock and disbelief has gripped Kashmir after a 26-year-old PhD scholar in Aligarh Muslim University joined the dreaded terror organisation Hizbul Mujhadeen in border district of Kupwara. Mannan Bashir Wani of picturesque Lolaab Valley of North Kashmir went missing a few days ago. His picture brandishing an AK-47 rifle went viral after it was released on social network sites. Mannan alias Hamza bhai was seen raising his index finger signalling oneness of Allah, a usual trait of Jihadists in Kashmir. Coming from an affluent family, Mannan was pursuing PhD in applied Geology from Aligarh Muslim University before becoming a militant.
Police sources said the father of the PhD scholar on Sunday lodged a report in the police station claiming that his son has gone missing from the university since January 3.
- Nine months after switching to BJP, Arvinder Singh Lovely makes Congress ‘ghar wapsi’
- FIR against Youth Congress leader and NA Haris's son Mohammed Haris Nalapad for beating up man in Bengaluru restaurant
- Maharashtra schoolgirls to get sanitary pads for Rs 5 under 'Asmita Yojana'
- Zainab rape case: Pakistan court announces four death penalties for accused Imran Ali
- Red light district thrives on LinkedIn India
- Which is a better Xiaomi midranger — Mi A1 or Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Amitabh Bachchan’s job application to work with Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone is hilarious
- Eating Yogurt May Reduce Risk Of Heart Diseases
- Another PNB-Like Scam? Rotomac Pens Owner 'Flees' After Taking Rs 800 Crore from Govt-run Banks