Added on : 2019-02-07 19:34:49
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has begun his reply to the debate on the motion of thanks on the President’s address in Lok Sabha.
Here are the top quotes from the PM’s address:
- The NDA is known for its achievements.
- Our government is for the poor, against corruption and for development.
- Ready for healthy competition in 2019 polls.
- Those born in the 21st century is now going to be voters and thus, they will play a role in shaping India’s progress. I congratulate all those who will be voting for the first time in the 2019 Parliamentary polls.
- It is trust and optimism that will take our nation forward. We are not those who run away from challenges. We face the challenges and work to fulfill people’s aspirations.
- The government has acted against corruption. We are accountable to the people of India.
- Our friends in Congress see things in two time periods.
1. BC- Before Congress, when nothing happened.
2. AD- After dynasty- where everything happened
- India is seeing remarkable progress in the last four years. In all spheres, investment, steel sector, start-ups, milk and agriculture, aviation, India’s progress is outstanding.
- In a poll year, leaders have the compulsion to make charges.
- In hating Modi, the Opposition has begun to hate the nation. That is why their leaders go to London and do press conferences to show India in a bad light.
- The Congress blamed their loss on EVMs. They questioned the sanctity of the Election Commission. You talk about institutions, what did Congress do to NTR (NT Rama Rao and MGR (MG Ramachandran).
- When they are criticizing Modiji, they remind me of a saying “ulta chor chowkidar ko daate”.
- Mallikarjun Kharge is a decent person but I don’t know what compulsion, this decent person always dissents: PM Modi on Congress leader’s dissent notes on a selection of CBI director.
- Congress is unable to digest that a common man like Modi is challenging a dynasty.
- In 1959, Congress Central Government dismissed the Communist Government in Kerala. 60 years now hope my friends from Kerala remember. So, what sanctity? What respect of institutions?
- In the last 4 and a half years, India became the 6th largest economy from the 10-11th largest. When we reached 11th position than people, who cannot even be seen in opposition now, praised themselves. They felt proud of reaching 11th, why are they saddened when we have reached 6th.
- Do you know what is my crime for them? That a person born to a poor family is challenging their Sultanate.
- In their 55 years, sanitation coverage was around 38% and in our 55 months, it is nearly 98%. Gas connections in their 55 years were 12 crore, it is 13 crore in 55 months. We have worked at a greater speed in our five years.
- ‘Mahagathbandhan is mahamilawat’: PM Narendra Modi targets opposition.
- We speak the truth, be it in the country or outside, in Parliament or outside but your ability to listen to truth has diminished. You tried to scare judiciary in the name of impeachment
- People have seen the work a Government with an absolute majority can do. They have seen our work. They do not want a ‘Mahamilavat’ government of those who recently gathered in Kolkata.
- Congress insults Army, calls the Army Chief a ‘Gunda’ but it is Modi who is destroying institutions? Do Congress leaders create stories that Indian Army is planning a coup but it is Modi who is destroying institutions?
- In 2010 Commonwealth games, on one hand, our athletes were working hard to win medals for the country, while these people(Congress) were accumulating wealth for themselves.
- The phone banking of the UPA did wonders for the friends of their leaders. Due to such favoritism, our banking system witnessed many problems.
- Every deal has a middleman under Congress.
- I want to say it on the floor of the Parliament that the Indian National Congress does not want our armed forces to be strong. They do not want our security apparatus to be strong. Which companies are they bidding for that they are acting so shamefully?
- You had left Army handicapped; it was not in a position to carry out surgical strikes.
- In our neighborhood, everyone is building war capabilities, why didn’t we do it in all these years?
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was always ahead of his time. He had said that joining Congress is like committing suicide.
- Thousands of organizations were getting funds from overseas. We sought transparency in the process but these organizations shut down. Why was such money allowed to come in without accountability?
- Mahatma Gandhi had back then recommended the dissolution of Congress party. So ‘Congress mukt Bharat’ is not my slogan but I am just fulfilling the wish of Gandhi ji.
- Price rise and Congress are a team. When Congress comes, so does rising prices. What was the reason LED bulbs being so costly during the UPA era? The NDA Government has worked to keep prices under check.
- Two songs became very popular, ‘Baaki kuch bacha to mehengayi maar gayi’ and ‘mehengai dayen khaaye jaat hai’ both these songs were in who’s tenure? First during Indira ji, and second during remote control government. Inflation and Congress have a strong bond.
- Our government has worked towards the good health and well-being of the people of India. Prices of stents, knee surgeries and medicines are coming down. This is helping the poorest of the poor.
- There is no logic to Congress’ joblessness claims. There are more jobs in the unorganized sector.
- In the past four years, there are more than 6 lakh new professionals in the country. Do you think a doctor has opened his clinic or nursing home, he will only be giving a job to one person? Or a chartered accountant will only run his office by placing one person on the job?
- After demonetisation, 3 lakh fraud companies have shut down, says PM Modi, in response to criticism to demonetisation.
Stay tuned for more updates…