Railways has initiated disciplinary action under the rules to terminate services against more than 13,000 employees who are on unauthorised absence for a long time. The move came after railways minister Piyush Goyal asked the top brass to launch a massive drive to identify long term absentees in various railway establishments. During the drive, it was found that more than 13,000 out of 13 lakh workforce were absent from service for a long time without authorisation. A railways statement said, "The establishment has initiated disciplinary action under the rules to terminate services of such absentees."
- PM Announces Rs 20,000-cr Defence Industrial Corridor in Bundelkhand
- Former Gujarat DGP PP Pandey Discharged by Court in Ishrat Jahan Fake Encounter Case
- 'Lower Lip Bruise, Swelling Behind Ears': Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash's Medical Report
- Canada Does Not Support Any Separatist Movement, Justin Trudeau Assures Amarinder Singh
- Delhi chief secy assault: Arrested AAP MLAs sent to judicial custody, police plea for custody rejected
- Pakistani helicopter flies within 300m of LoC in Poonch, goes back
- Does Member of Parliament utilize their constituency funds to serve people?