The Jammu and Kashmir police have confirmed that the attempt to attack a CRPF camp in Karan Nagar area of Srinagar was made by Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists. Addressing a press briefing in Srinagar, Kashmir IGP SP Pani said that the security forces gunned down two terrorists in the operation that went on for over 24 hours. He further said that one jawan of the CRPF suffered injuries in the attack, but was completely out of danger. The encounter between the terrorists and security forces began on Monday after an attempt to attack a CRPF camp. As the gunbattle continued for over a day, the terrorists went into hiding in an under construction building in Karan Nagar area.
- PM Announces Rs 20,000-cr Defence Industrial Corridor in Bundelkhand
- Former Gujarat DGP PP Pandey Discharged by Court in Ishrat Jahan Fake Encounter Case
- 'Lower Lip Bruise, Swelling Behind Ears': Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash's Medical Report
- Canada Does Not Support Any Separatist Movement, Justin Trudeau Assures Amarinder Singh
- Delhi chief secy assault: Arrested AAP MLAs sent to judicial custody, police plea for custody rejected
- Pakistani helicopter flies within 300m of LoC in Poonch, goes back
- Does Member of Parliament utilize their constituency funds to serve people?