Sangeeta is now an Army Officer. On September 2, 2015, the world came crashing around Sangeeta. Her husband Shishir Mal, a rifleman with the Indian Armed Forces, sacrificed his life, fighting terrorists during Operation Rakshak in Baramulla, Kashmir. Mall, a part of 3/9 Gorkha Rifles, was posted in 32 Rashtriya Rifles. Before dying, Mall eliminated one terrorist and injured another. Days after his death, Sangeeta plunged into depression. Eventually, with the help of her family and in-laws, she emerged out of her shell and decided to give life another shot. She appeared for competitive exams and was selected for service in the bank. Married into a family of soldiers, Sangeeta was inspired. She got in touch with Veer Nari Committee in Delhi and started focusing on cracking the entrance for OTA.
Nearly three years after Mall's death, Sangeeta cleared the examination for a Short Service Commission (SSC) and will be reporting to the Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- PM Announces Rs 20,000-cr Defence Industrial Corridor in Bundelkhand
- Former Gujarat DGP PP Pandey Discharged by Court in Ishrat Jahan Fake Encounter Case
- 'Lower Lip Bruise, Swelling Behind Ears': Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash's Medical Report
- Canada Does Not Support Any Separatist Movement, Justin Trudeau Assures Amarinder Singh
- Delhi chief secy assault: Arrested AAP MLAs sent to judicial custody, police plea for custody rejected
- Pakistani helicopter flies within 300m of LoC in Poonch, goes back
- Does Member of Parliament utilize their constituency funds to serve people?