Added on : 2020-11-19 18:22:30
With the number of coronavirus cases witnessing a surge, the Ahmedabad administration has decided to impose night curfew on the city. The curfew will be imposed from 9 pm to 6 am in the city till further order.
The Government of Gujarat has today communicated following decisions in view of fear of shortage of covid beds in the city and increasing number of covid cases:
– Night curfew will be effective from November 20 during 9 pm to 6 am in Ahmedabad city.
-400 additional beds have been made available in cancer hospital and kidney hospital of Asarwa civil campus.
-400 additional beds have been made available at Sola civil hospital.
-There are plans to make arrangement of 100 additional beds at Gandhinagar civil hospital for areas near Gandhinagar such as Sabarmati, Chandkheda, Motera etc. Thus total 900 additional beds have been made available with effect fro today in government hospitals of Ahmedabad city.
– Additional 400 beds have been made available in private hospitals of Ahmedabad city.
– 2,237 beds in government hospitals and 400 beds in private hospitals – in total 2,637 beds are vacant.
– 20 additional ambulances have been added to present 20 ambulances of 108 emergency service for covid patients.
– Additional 300 doctors and 300 medical students are being allotted to Ahmedabad city by the State government.