Added on : 2019-07-02 16:42:33
Nitin Patel, deputy CM and finance minister presented the budget for financial year 2019-20. For the first time, the state budget has crossed Rs 2 lakh crore, Rs 2,04,815 crore. We are all part of this historic occasion. The budget to have special emphasis on five sectors: Water management, environment, agriculture, farmers welfare and employment
Here are the highlights from his budget speech:
- Rs 6,820 crore has been allocated to provide power subsidy to farmers. Farmers currently get power at a concessional rate to reduce the cost of agriculture.
- Rs 10 crore has been allocated for the development of infrastructural facilities at National Salt Satyagrah Memorial and Dandi March tourism circuit.
- Rs 1,248 crore has been allocated to provide house to all by the year 2022 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 4.80 lakh houses have been sanctioned under this scheme.
- Sum of Rs 510 crore has been allocated for the development of Ahmedabad– Gandhinagar Metro Phase-2 and Surat Metro Rail Project.
- Rs 500 crore has been allocated under Mukhya Mantri Sadak Yojana and Rs 1,426 crore for putting in place underground drainage and water supply system.
- Rs 4,894 crore has been allocated under Swarnim Jayanti Mukhya Mantri Saheri Vikas Yojana.
- Under National River Conservation Program, purification project of Tapi will be taken up with cooperation of Government of India Gujarat govt and Surat Municipal Corporation at the cost of 922 crores.
- Against the target of completing 2.04 lakh houses to provide house to all by 2022, construction of 1.85 lakh houses has been completed till date at the cost of Rs 2,105 crore, 1.07 lakh new houses will be built this year, for which Rs 1,208 crore has been allocated.
- Rs 511 crore has been allocated and boarding facility of 1.30 lakh tribal children of total 685 schools including 50 Model Residential Schools, 544 Ashram Shalas and 91 EMRS.
- Rs 80 crore has been allocated to provide free education, hostel and mess facilities to approximately 15,000 girls studying in 151 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidhyalays across Gujarat.
- Rs 454 crore has been allocated for building 5,000 classrooms in primary schools, which will provide better education facilities to approximately 1.5 lakh students.
- Rs 61 crore has been allocated for providing assistance for purchasing various equipment’s by Village Milk Producers' cooperatives and individual members and to provide subsidy to Milk Producers' Cooperatives Federation of Saurashtra and Kutch.
- A new veterinary college at Himmatnagar under Kamdhenu University will be started. Initial provision of Rs 1 crore has been made for the same.
- All farmers who have applied for agriculture power connections till date, shall be provided agriculture connection. Thus, new power connections will be given to all the 1.25 lakh pending applicants, said Nitin Patel.
- Rs 123 crore has been allocated for new Shetrunjay division and Rs 112 crore for conservation and breeding of wildlife and to protect endangered species.
- Rs 6,595 crore has been allocated for Sardar Sarovar project.
- Rs 7,157 crore has been allocated for Sauni yojana and other water supply schemes.
- Rs 7,111 crore has been allocated for agriculture and farmer welfare department.
- Government to spend Rs 20,000 crore over the next three years to ensure no household in Gujarat is left with a tap for drinking water. Rs 4,500 crore has been allocated for this year.