Added on : 2019-08-05 15:21:59
Following the proposal to revoke Article 370 in J&K, Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday said that Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh will become Union Territories. Shah has proposed Ladakh becoming a UT without a legislature and Jammu & Kashmir becoming a UT with a legislature. Shah added the decision has been taken keeping in view the prevailing security situation.
Benefits of removing Article 370
According to the MHA's publication, some of the biggest advantages of abolishing Article 370 are as follows:
- The state, upon removal, will prosper economically and socially.
- Social amalgamation will reduce the threat of militancy.
- Kashmir could be one of the top tourist destination after complete development.
- It will also prove to be good diplomacy to deal with Pakistan over territorial disputes.
- It will politically give chance to all parties to rule the state and allow its development.