Added on : 2019-05-19 15:56:41
The cave where Prime Minister Narendra Modi meditated in Kedarnath in Uttarakhand is equipped with all modern facilities and is available for just Rs 990 a day. It is located about 1km above and beyond the Kedarnath temple.
According to a report, the caves were initially priced at Rs 3000 per day. The tariff was, however, reduced to Rs 990 as the caves received a lukewarm response from travellers. The caves are made from stones that have wooden insulation to sustain low temperatures, common in hilly regions.
The meditation cave faces the Kedarnath Temple and Bhairavnath Temple, and comes with some basic amenities:
- Drinking water
- Electricity, with charging points
- A bed
- Morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner
- A bell to call the attendant, who is available 24×7
- A telephone to call the facility manager in case of an emergency.
There are a few rules though:
- The Rudra Meditation Cave must be booked for at least 3 days.
- Initially, the meditation cave will be allotted for minimum 3 days.
- You need to undergo two medical tests: one at Guptkashi and another one at Kedarnath. Only if you are found to be physically (and mentally) fit will you be allowed into the meditation cave.
- Singles only. There’s room for just one person.