Added on : 2019-08-08 20:51:21
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has begun his address to the nation. During the address, he is expected to explain the Centre's decisions on abrogating special status to Jammu and Kashmir and splitting the state into two union territories.
Here are Highlights of PM Modi speech:
- We have taken a historic decision. Begun a new era in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh Fulfilled the dream of many great Indians.
- Article 370 and Article 35A only led to corruption, did not provide any benefits.
- PM Modi: 42,000 people lost their lives
- The previous government did not realise that the laws that were made were implemented all over the country, but not in Jammu and Kashmir
- Laws related to minimum wages, minorities were not implemented in Jammu and Kashmir
- Health schemes, house-rent allowances, education allowances which were never provided earlier to the people of Jammu and Kashmir, will be provided soon
- More opportunities to public sector enterprises in the state
- The scrapping of Article 370 was given a lot of thought
- Jammu and Kashmir to also have projects related to irrigation, education - like IITs, AIIMs, power and more
- Many in Jammu and Kashmir could not participate in the local body elections
- Jammu and Kashmir will soon have its own elected representatives like MLAs, MPs, CMs and more
- Can help free Jammu and Kashmir from terrorism together, and pave way for the development
- Ladakh to be a Union Territory
- The youth of Jammu and Kashmir, as well as Ladakh, will lead the path of development
- Kashmir was a popular place for Bollywood films at a point in time, will bring this trend back to Kashmir. Request the support from all members of the film fraternity
- To the scientific technology community - think of how they could include Jammu and Kashmir in their initiatives
- Jammu and Kashmir to see new sports academies, training in scientific academies and more
- Many herbs in these areas will be recognised and will help the people of Jammu and Kashmir. Request exporters to help make these products available worldwide
- Ladakh to be the centre of solar power, adventure tourism, eco-tourism
- Modi: Better infrastructure in Ladakh
- I respect the opposition towards this move. This how democracy works. But I appeal to them to help the Centre work towards to development of Jammu and Kashmir and help the people have a better life.
- PM Modi: The worries of J&K and Ladakh worry the whole of India
- PM Modi: Centre will see to it that Jammu and Kashmir will witness the Eid celebrations. Will help those who wish to go home on Eid.
- PM Modi: Commendable work by Jammu and Kashmir police and other security forces
- PM Modi: Will work towards a peaceful Jammu and Kashmir