Added on : 2021-02-27 11:52:29
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said he was reminded of his childhood days, as he inaugurated the virtual India Toy Fair 2021 via video conference.
"You are reminding me of my childhood days," said PM Modi interacting with the toymakers from Channapatna, Karnataka, as they displayed the famous wooden toys from India's toy city.
Channapatna's toymakers displayed a wooden counting set, abacus, plane and an engine. The Channapatna toy cluster has been in the business of toymaking for 200 years.
Here is what the PM said inaugurating the Toy Fair 2021:
* There is so much strength hidden in the toy industry of our country. Increasing this strength & increasing its identity is a big part of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat campaign.
* People from across the nation have researched the toys of Sindhu valley and Mohenjodaro. Indian chess is famous across the globe.
* I urge toymakers in India to make toys that are ecological and psychological. Can we try to use minimum plastic in our toys?
* Innovation and competition in toy-making can fuel India's vocal for the local campaign and can popularize indigenous Indian toys abroad.
Virtual India Toy Fair 2021: All you need to know
* The fair will be held from February 27 to March 2, 2021.
* For children, it is an opportunity to participate in a plethora of activities, including craft demonstrations on traditional toy-making and virtual visits to toy museums and factories.
* Over 1,000 exhibitors from across 30 states and Union territories will display their products in e-commerce enabled virtual exhibition.
* It will showcase traditional Indian toys as well as modern toys including electronic toys, plush toys, puzzles and games.
* The fair will also host numerous webinars and panel discussions with eminent Indian and international speakers with proven capabilities in toy design and manufacturing.