Added on : 2020-03-19 18:20:41
The outbreak of COVID-19 has caused a global panic, and self-quarantine is the most effective way to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
So how can one quarantine themselves:
- Stay Home: Don’t leave your house unless absolutely necessary. If you want to go out wear a mask and don’t share towels. Don’t use public transport as well.
- Use Hand Sanitizers: Use tissues and hand sanitizers that have at least 60% alcohol. If you don’t have sanitizers than you can use soap and water to wash your hands.
- Monitor your Temperature: Check your temperature at least twice a day. Watch your symptoms like fever, dry cough, fatigue, sore throat, headache or difficulty in breathing.
- Wash and clean surfaces: Wash and clean surfaces like doorknobs, counter, toilet, phones, bathroom fixtures, keyboards, laptop, tablet, bedside tables to avoid spreading the virus.
- Always cover your mouth while sneezing and coughing. Also, wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based sanitisers, with at least 60 per cent alcohol content.
- Don't share household items: During self-quarantine, do not share household items like towels, utensils, and drinking glasses with someone else.
- Stay in a proper ventilated room. Use an air conditioner or open windows.
- Clean clothes: Wear clothes that have been washed properly.
- Stock up on food for the quarantine time period. Choose meals that require less work and are stress free.
- If your health worsens during self-quarantine period, seek medical help immediately.