Know your world in 60 words - Read News in just 1 minute
Hot Topics

Added on : 2019-05-27 08:37:32

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday returned to his home state of Gujarat for the first time after winning a historic mandate in the Lok Sabha elections last week.

He later
called on his mother and sought her blessings.


Addressing a public rally in Ahmedabad, Modi said the vote in 2019 had been one for pro-incumbency and positivity and the next five years will be the time to regain India’s rightful position in the world order.
 

"The next five years will be very important in the history of the country, as was the period between 1942 to 1947," Modi said. "Next five years will be the time to regain the rightful position of India in the world order. In the past our country had that place. I am sure India will regain its importance in the world order."
 

Modi said he had been confident of a big win in the elections.

“After the sixth phase of polling itself, I had said that it’s 300-plus for us. When I said it, people mocked me. But the results are for everyone to see,” Modi said. “It is historic to see such a big mandate being given. The people had decided that they want a strong government again.”

Modi said the
big mandate had brought with it big responsibilities. “It is important to remain humble and grounded in the wake of such a massive win,” he said. “We have to utilise these five years to solve issues of the common citizens. These have to be five years of all-round development. We have to further enhance India’s position at the world stage.”

Modi said his government’s main aim would be to ensure that citizens are brought to the forefront of this campaign. “The coming five years have to be years of ‘jan bhagidari’ (public participation) and ‘jan chetna’ (public awareness),” he said.

Modi said that people not just in India but across the world had supported the BJP during the elections. “The coming five years is the time to regain India’s lost position in the world order,” he said.

Modi described the
Surat fire tragedy, in which 22 persons were killed on Friday, as “heartbreaking”. A blaze had swept through a multistorey building in the city.

“We cannot express our condolences in words,” he said, dedicating his visit to the victims of the Surat tragedy and their families. “The government is determined to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.”

Story of the day

Headlines

Good News

politics

India

World

Copyright © 2019 Newz Viewz | Created by Communicators and Developed by Seawind Solution Pvt. Ltd.