Added on : 2019-02-06 18:34:58
At least 1,019 cases of swine flu have been recorded in Delhi, this year, whereas nearly 32,000 people were found with flu-like symptoms. Eat these foods to treat or reduce your risk of getting H1N1 virus.
- Foods are rich in protein, like meat, chicken, eggs, fish, milk, beans, nuts, seeds and soy-based foods. Having a minimum of 3 servings of these foods per day will help build a barrier against viral infections like swine flu.
- Lots of bright oranges (carrots, pumpkins, apricots, and mangoes) and green (spinach and cabbage) fruits and vegetables. The vitamin A in these foods helps strengthen the respiratory membranes.
- Vitamin C-rich foods like peppers, spinach, citrus fruits, berries, and peas, which have anti-viral properties and help mobilize bug-eating macrophage cells.
- Beef, eggs and seafood (especially crabs, oysters and sardines) for Zinc, which helps to form antibodies to fight the infection of swine flu.
- Whole grains and pumpkin seeds, which also build antibodies against swine flu.
- Apples, spinach, and other greens with iron in them.
- Cloves and raw garlic (a source of allicin), another defense against swine flu.
- Two Echinacea tablets and a 300mg tablet of St Johns Wort three times a day.
- Herbal tea with equal parts mint, elderflower and yarrow.