Added on : 2019-06-26 20:27:04
Everyone loves rain but it is difficult to take proper care of our skin during the monsoon season as it demands extra love, care and attention. Monsoon is a season of moisture and the constant moisture can be damaging to your skin. Your skin is more prone to dirt, impurities, bacteria and infection in this season and all this can lead to multiple skin issues.
But don’t you worry! With a few tips and tricks, you can beat the monsoon and enjoy this fresh and beautiful rainy season without having to worry about your skin.
Best skin care tips for different types of skin during the rainy season
Dry Skin type
- Dryness of the skin is a result of lack of vitamins which helps in repairing dry and damaged skin. The condition of dry skin becomes worse in the rainy season.
- Person with dry skin must drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and to wash off the toxins from the body. The skin must be kept clean and moisturized. Alcohol based toners must not be used.
- A solution of jojoba oil, fresh curd and honey if applied as a pack and washed away after 10 minutes with a mild face wash is very beneficial for a dry skin.
- A paste of almonds and honey applied and washed off after five minutes with warm water keeps the dry skin soft and supple.
Oily skin type
- Genetically determined hormonal changes are the main cause of oily skin which cannot be changed. The excess oil must be removed by washing the face 2-3 times a day.
- Facial scrubs can be used to unclog the pores and to exfoliate the skin with natural products by getting rid of dead cells.
- A pack of besan, milk, honey and lemon gives an oily skin a fresh and glowing look.
- Hot water wash is more beneficial than cold water as hot water helps in dissolving the oil from the skin easily.
- A mixture of any oil and rose water applied as a moisturizer and washed off after 10 minutes with cold water, leaves the skin healthy and free from oil.
- A pack of pulp of papaya or oatmeal scrub applied and washed off after 10 minutes with cold water leaves the oily skin fresh and glowing.
Combination skin type
This type of skin requires extra care. The dry area must be cleaned and moisturized regularly and the oily area must be scrubbed and toned to match the dry skin. Consumption of enough water is the best way to get a healthy flawless skin every day.
Tips to protect your skin in the rainy season
- The skin must be cleaned daily with a soap-free cleanser and the dead cells removed by gently rubbing the skin
- Consumption of water must be increased during the rainy season to keep the skin hydrated. The skin is always thirstier than the person himself.
- Toner must be used after each wash of the face in order to close the pores and to restore the pH balance of the skin.
- Rainy season makes the skin dehydrated; hence the skin must be moisturized regularly to keep it healthy.
- One must be extra careful in cleansing the skin without losing the natural moisture of the skin. The cleansing agent must be mild but strong enough to remove the dirt and dust from the skin. Natural home remedies are ideal during the rainy season.
- Dirty water of the rains can lead to toe infections of the toes and nails. Diabetic patients must take special care to keep their feet dry and clean. Walking in puddles of water must be avoided and shoes, socks and raincoats must be kept clean and dry.