Added on : 2019-07-01 20:43:10
Monsoons not only bring fun with them, but they even bring along some seasonal infections. In order to take care of your child during the rainy season, you have to make your house & kids ‘monsoon proof ‘or at least ‘monsoon ready ‘.
Here are a few useful tips that mothers can follow to keep their baby healthy during the monsoon:
- Give your child healthy foods that are rich in vitamin C and other foods which will boost their immune system.
- Always give fresh, warm food to your baby, and do no keep any food uncovered. Make sure that you don't let your little one eat foods that are from outside.
- Give boiled, cooled water only. Always use boiled water only to prepare your baby formula milk.
- If you're exclusively breastfeeding your baby, you don't have to give her addictional water even if the weather is hot and humid to keep her hydrated. Try feeding your baby as often as she asks for it.
- Keep your children's room clean and dry, and of course always maintain a normal room temperature.
- Keep your house, surrounding areas clean to avoid mosquito breeding.
- Do not let your child play in the rain.
- Give your child a bath during the hottest time of the day. But don't use cold water as it might upset him/her. You can add a few drops of antiseptic liquids in their bath water.
- Keep his feet dry all the times and make him wear slippers inside the house.
- You can make him wear cotton clothes when the weather is hot and humid. Dress him in semi-wollen sort of fabric when it's raining and cold.
- Protect your child from mosquito bites by dressing them in long pants and full sleeved top. Choose light coloured clothes as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.
- Use mosquito repellents that are safe and effective for your child.
- Use a mosquito bed net while sleeping.
- Keep the cold, flu medicines ready all the time after consulting with your child's pediatrician.
- Teach him to use a sanitizer for hand wash.
- Keep his feet dry at all times, get him used to wearing slippers or socks inside the house.